INDUS VALLEY PUBLIC SCHOOL, NOIDA
CIRCULAR (CLASSES VI TO VIII)
Dear Parents, 24.04.2017
As you are aware, the CBSE has issued a circular on the restoration of Board Examination for class X and revised assessment structure and examination for class X from Academic Year 2017-18 onwards. To make the students get used to it, the CBSE has decided to implement the uniform system of assessment and examination pattern for classes VI to VIII also on the same pattern.
Henceforth, the scheme for classes VI-VIII has been designed on Term Assessment basis with gradual increase in the learning assessment as the students move forward. The assessment structure and examination comprises two terms, i.e., Term-1 and Term-2.
Kindly note the following:
- A series of Periodic Test will be conducted in each Term comprising 50 marks.
- The test will be conducted on consecutive days in the months of July and December.
- Periodic Test shall be of 2 hours each. So, the school will get over earlier than the usual timings and buses will drop the children accordingly.
- Half Yearly and Annual Examinations comprising 80 marks each will be conducted in September and March respectively.
- Periodic Tests of GK, Art and Computer will not be conducted. These subjects will be assessed in Half Yearly and Annual Examinations only.
- Syllabus of Half Yearly Examination comprises all the topics covered till the date of the exam.
- Weightage of examinations as per CBSE is: