Blue Whale challenge : What parents need to know
We all know the hazards of online game Blue Whale. Its targeting young adults and encouraging them to harm themselves.
In view of this, you’re advised to monitor internet usage and apps downloaded by your ward. You’re also requested to supervise and monitor all the online activities of your ward. You are therefore requested to counsel children in case they are inquisitive about the game and watch out for any abnormal behavior which could be linked to “Blue Whale Challenge”.
Be Alert When
- Child has visible signs or usual wounds / marks on the body, specially on arms or lips.
- Child is keeping unusually aloof sitting on the edge of a tall building with legs dangling.
- Child is watching horror movies for a long time.
- Child is waking up at odd hours say at 4:20 am.
- The child is listening to weird psychedelic music.
- Child is posting depressing contents and selfies on social media sites.
What to Do:
- Interact closely with the child.
- Keep watch on his movements.
- Spend quality time with the child.
- If it’s serious, take help of a professional counsellor.
- Keep a watch on the browsing history of the child.
- Put parental controls by installing Apps & sync the child’s email/social media accounts with your phone or PC.
Thanks & regards,