INDUS VALLEY PUBLIC SCHOOL, NOIDA
Be the Change – do the Change
Dear Parents, 17.05.2017
Thoughts of summer vacation may include images of time at the beach or lake, lazy days escaping the heat or going to mountain and no thought of classes for our kids.
But this time we thought why not do something productive and involve ourselves in different sort of activities.
However, there are plenty of productive ways, you can spend your vacation that can be fun, relaxing, helpful for their education and of course it’s a way of instilling empathy in the child’s mind. This is a sincere request to all the parents, please read and follow.
Please try to do the following activities:
- Go to the nearest bank and show them the functioning of the banks, how ATMs work and what is the benefit of it as demonetization has changed the scenario totally.
- Give them saplings and ask them to plant them and water them and see them grow. Encourage them by saying that they will be presented with gifts for their good deeds.
- We still miss the time spent with grandparents. So why to keep them deprived of this affection. Take them to your hometown/village and let them spend time with their grandparents, uncles, aunts, cousins. Let them experience the affection and good times of being with the family.
- Tell them to make a group and takeover the charge to clean surroundings or a park.
- Inculcate the habit of reading newspaper & books in them.
- Teach them about the functioning of the government.
- Teach them about traffic rules.
Community service is an opportunity for kids that empower them with responsibility, engage their compassion and offer them chance to affect the lives of others. Give a visit to orphanage, old age home, blind school, etc. and also explain them about these places. Donate clothes, old toys, food, story books, etc.
Take them to :
- Rivers or pool and teach them how to swim.
- Monuments and tell them about our History
- All the places of worship without restricting them to any one, temples, mosques, gurudwara, church etc.
- Nearby police station, court or jail (if possible). Explain them the punishments rendered to the inmates because of their wrong doings. This will make them aware of the bad things
Finally, they should understand…
“Being Happy is more important than being successful…”