The school examination from the academic year 2017-18 and onwards would be conducted as per the remodeled assessment structure given by CBSE.
1. It is mandatory for every student to appear in all the examinations in each subject.
2. A minimum of 75% attendance is required to be eligible for the promotion to the next class.
3. Result declared at the end of the year is final.
4. In case of serious illness parents are requested not to send their ward(s) to school. A medical certificate needs to be submitted along with the application.
5. The Examination or test will be conducted on the given date only. No request for taking the examination before or after the given date shall be entertained.
FOR CLASSES I TO V
1. To reduce the stress and strain of examination, no Annual Examination will be held upto class III.
2. There will be four cycles of Unit-Tests.
3. The Unit Test will be of 30 marks each.
4. For classes IV and V last Unit Test will be conducted as Annual Examination. It is compulsory to appear in the same.
FOR CLASSES VI TO X
1. For classes VI to X, examination structure replicate the same assessment module as given by CBSE.
2. There will be three Periodic Tests and one Annual Examination during the session.
3. Annual Examination will cover the whole syllabus.
4. Internal assessment includes 3 Periodic Test, Note Book submission and Subject Enrichment Activity.
5. Weightage of different examinations as per CBSE is:
a) Annual Examination = 80 Marks
b) Internal Assessment = 20 Marks
i) Periodic Tests = 10 Marks
ii) Notebook Submission = 05 Marks
iii) Subject Enrichment Activity = 05 Marks
Total 100 Marks
Art, G.K. and Computer will be conducted twice, once in Half Yearly and then in Annual Examination.
PROMOTION CRITERIA FOR CLASSES I TO V
• Promotion is granted to the students on the basis of his/her overall performance throughout the year.
• In order to qualify for promotion, a minimum of 33% marks are required in each subject.
FOR CLASSES VI TO X
· Its compulsory to secure 33% in Annual Examination (27 out of 80) and 33% in Internal Assessment (07 out of 20) separately.
· Marks of Internal Assessment will be given and calculated as per the guidelines given by the CBSE.
· For class X result will be compiled and declared by the board.
FOR CLASSES XI TO XII
· A minimum of 33% is required in each subject to qualify for promotion to the next class.
· Students have to pass separately in theory and practical examination wherever applicable.
Indus Valley Public School (IVPS), a co-educational school affiliated to the Central Board of Secondary Education, is located in Sector-62, Noida.
The school was ranked among the top schools in a survey conducted by the Hindustan Times and C-Fore, and adjudged the "School of the Future" by Education World in Indian School Rankings in 2012. IVPS has been awarded for being the best Public School in Primary and Secondary Education in Delhi, NCR region which was presented by the Royal Brands in association with “Delhi Aaj Tak” by the then honourable Union Minister, Govt. of India, Mr. Kapil Sibal. It has also been awarded for being among top 100 schools of U.P. and top 10 schools of the district in an online survey conducted by www.shikshaadvisor.com. The Award was presented by Mr. Ashutosh (National spokesperson-AAP and former Managing Editor, IBN7). Another feat was achieved by IVPS when the school was adjudged among the top ten schools in Noida on the basis of various parameters, in an educational survey conducted by The Times of India.
+ Read More
Indus Valley Public School
Plot No. 1, Institutional Area, Sector 62,
Noida U.P. 201301 (INDIA)
M: 8510048800, 9718642444